Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Heart. The greatest of these is HEART.

My decision to do a 5k every month for the next year has proven to be one of my best goals.

I officially love running and CAN run. I ran my fastest mile this past week at 9:23 and yesterday I completed my fastest 5k at 32:35!





My usual running buddy Sarah was there and she came SECONDS from completing under 30 minutes, which is my next major goal. And yesterday Danielle completed her very first 5k and signed up for the next few months of races with me. SO EXCITED. 








I love how running makes me feel strong and capable. ESPECIALLY yesterdays time. In January I did a 38 minute race. I have shaved off 6 whole minutes in just two months!!! 
I try to run at least 3 days a week and I vary distance and speed runs. I run at a normal 5.0-5.5 pace for 20-30 minutes and then one day I will run the fastest mile I can trying to get up to 7.2 speeds towards the end as long as I can keep it. I have been logging several under 10 minute miles and I think that is why my pace yesterday was so good. 

I am so grateful for Sarah for asking me to run with her. She was my initial running inspiration and now I LOVE running and I am almost as fast as her which seemed impossible in the beginning. 







A year ago I did a 55 minute 5k. 



I have come a long way and I couldn't be more proud. Now to set bigger goals. 


GOALS 

1. Get in an under 30 minute 5k 
2. Complete a 10k (already planned for January) 
3. Complete a half marathon!!! EEEK 




My 5k Race Schedule 
May 14th  - Celebrate Life 5k in Longview, TX 
May 26th - Mudbug Madness 5k in Shreveport, LA 
June 11th - Wine Run in Pittsburg, TX 
July 4th - Firecracker Run in Shreveport, LA 
August 27th - Run it like its hot mud run in Longview, TX
September 24th - Gold Run in Tyler, TX 
October 15th - Autumn Breeze 5k in Shreveport LA 
November 24th - Turkey Trot in Katy, TX 
Dec TBD - Wonderland of Lights Run in Marshall, TX 
January 1st - Resolution 10k!!!! Shreveport, LA



Comments

  1. GREAT JOB!!!!!! Love reading your blog and watching you reach goals. You are such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S....I have that Believe in Yourself tank too. It's one of my favorite workout shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really nice to read article written on this blog. I would also like to add few techniques with best of my knowledge which can help reader more and more. Sex Dolls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once in a while we need to confront a great deal of perplexity when we discovered diverse assessment of various several articles identified with same question. In any case, I think now I am near resolve my questions subsequent to perusing this blog. Online Condoms In Uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Presently a day, instruction has changed its way in correlation of old era's method for training. New every now and again refreshed sites and sites help you to receive an alternate approach to learn in an unexpected way. Adult Books And Mags

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

Health and Beauty

We can reject our inherited cultural forces!