Low Carb Paleo?

I've tried a low carb diet before. It was during college and I ate a lot of bacon, eggs, pork rinds, and cheese. Needless to say it sucked BIG TIME. I had some serious mood swings and felt like crap - because I was eating crap. Every since that experience I have pushed off the idea of low carb dieting.

THEN I hit a plateau. I mean HARD. In the past five weeks I hadn't lost a single pound. I was really irritated and needed to figure out what I could do within the realm of paleo/whole30 that would get me past my plateau. In the book It Starts With Food, they talk about limiting your intake of fruit and potatoes if weight loss is a key goal. So I decided for one week I would avoid all fruit and potatoes and see what happened. So far I have pushed through my plateau but a whopping 4 pounds and I am now only 15 pounds away from my initial goal of being half my size. FIFTEEN POUNDS. That is completely doable and now that I have realized that I should limit my sweet potatoes, bananas, plantains, and pineapple... GURRRR - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This week I have been researching low carb paleo lifestyles a lot and I came across the word ketosis. Some of you may have heard of the Keto diet which relies heavily on fat consumption and limits carbs and protein. You can eat berries, dairy, meat/seafood/eggs, nuts and seeds, and non starchy veggies.


My diet this week was basically Paleo Keto, but I honestly miss fruit. I did some research on carb counts of fruit and berries are actually one of your best low carb low sugar fruit options so I will most likely be hitting up some berries real soon. Plantains have like 8 BILLION carbs, so I will need to dial those back to special treat meals. I am not cutting out fruit and potatoes from my diet AT ALL I know I can't be low carb like this forever. This week long experiment showed me how my body reacts to low carbs and so I may do carb cycling where I eat a sweet potato then go several days super low carb. I love whole30 and I will keep eating my carbs, Ill just try to be more conscious of them.

What my week looked like:


Hamburger Salad - THIS WAS AWESOME 
It's iceberg lettuce topped with ground beef, onions, pickles, mayo, ketchup, and mustard


For my birthday we bought GIANT bone in ribeyes and the hubby grilled them 


YAAASSSS 


I made cauliflower mash and roasted broccoli to go with 



Fajita chicken - lots of peppers and onions with chicken breast and olive oil seasoned with salt, cumin, and chili pepper and baked. 



kale salad with creamy avocado dressing (mayo and avocado with a bit of vinegar), pickled okra, and a hard boiled egg 




Leftover ribeye with spinach and onions and fried eggs 




ZOODLES 



I made this sauce with eggplant, bell pepper, tomatoes, and ground pork 


Chorizo spinach eggs with avocado 


Leftover cauliflower mash topped with my fajita chicken bake and avocado 


Green beans with pecan crusted speckled trout 


Sautéed brussel sprouts with bacon 


tuna and kale salad with tessemaes caesar dressing, hard boiled eggs, and pickled okra 




This is all Whole30 - the same stuff I have been eating just without the added carbs. I am going to leave carbs out for another week and then splurge on some fruit y'all! Ice cold watermelon for fourth of July MMMMM 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

Health and Beauty

Unconditional