Paleo Children

Ill be honest- my kid eats a lot of chicken nuggets, frozen pizza and chef boyardee pasta. I started this whole food shift with the intent of changing my nutrition to reflect what I wanted for her. She does eat a lot of fruit and the occasional veggie (if I bribe her with dessert). 

I decided that now that summer is here and I can devote more time and energy to getting her meals prepared that I would make her eat strictly paleo for a while. I have been doing a lot of Pinterest searching for great ideas on paleo toddler/kid foods. You can check out that board HERE and my other paleo board HERE  which also has a lot of kid friendly recipes. 

This morning we got up and made banana muffins. I made the recipe from inspiration with these two recipes: The Roasted Root version and Thank You Honey 



PALEO BANANA MUFFINS 

4 ripe bananas mashed 
3 TBS coconut oil 
3 eggs 
1 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 pinch of salt 
2 cups almond flour 
Optional: chopped nuts sprinkled on top 

Put batter in coconut oil greased muffin tin 
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes 


They were so good she ate three. 
The ingredients are actually all Whole30! I will definitely make these again and try adding blueberries next time.  


For lunch we had crackers, fruit, pickles, and an epic bison bar. She took one bite of the bison bar and said she didn't care for it. BUT we tried. 




I love that simple mills is so easily available in Longview and has great ingredients and is completely paleo. I don't feel bad giving her these crackers or cookies. 







All of these bars are whole30 or paleo and all from Marshall Kroger 


So we will see how it goes. Tonight I have roast with carrots in the crock pot and I am making green beans to go with it. The biggest thing is I want her to eat these things for nutrition and health and not make her feel like she CAN'T eat certain foods. I don't want her to have a weird food phobia because of it. I do want her to know that certain foods are better choices though. I haven't told her she CAN'T eat certain foods I just give her the food I want her to eat and she eats it. She does grab bread out of the pantry a lot though so we may have to tell Dad he is paleo now too. hahah yyyyeah right 

Anybody else have tips to keep your children eating healthy?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

Health and Beauty

Unconditional