Paleo Pizza





Last night my father in law came in so I didn't get a chance to update you on yesterday's meals.



On Saturday I made my chorizo plantain breakfast casserole.You can find my previous blog post with that recipe HERE It makes a lot and reheats really well so you can eat it throughout the week.


Emma had plain scrambled eggs since the jalapeño can be a little too spicy for her! 

After breakfast we went to the newly refurbished library. 



While we were there I grabbed a couple of books on running and nutrition! 

When we got back from the library we made a picnic and went swimming. 


PB&J (Mikeys bread with honey strawberry smuckers and almond butter)
orange segments and plantain chips


I had some coconut date rolls because Emma ate all the orange!




After we went swimming my father in law came over for dinner. I was busy being a host so I didn't get many photos but we had citrus rosemary chicken thighs, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, and green beans. 


It was another successful day of being 100% paleo! 

Today is National Run Day! My running buddy Sarah and I decided to run in Longview at a couple of trails for a "day of running"! 

When I have a distance run or race I like to make my blueberry eggs. 


FAMOUS BLUEBERRY EGGS 
  • 1 banana 
  • 3 eggs 
  • Fresh blueberries 
  • cinnamon 
  • coconut oil




Microwave your peeled banana in a bowl and then mash 


Add in a dash of cinnamon and stir 


Beat in three eggs 


Pour into a skillet with coconut oil and add in your fresh blueberries. Scramble like regular scrambled eggs! 



Our running day adventure was really fun ....for the first six miles HA! 

Cargill Long Park Trail Longview, TX- 3 miles 

Paul Boorman Longview, TX- 3 miles 



I did all 12 miles but only 11 was running. The last mile I had to walk. Im going to blame the fact that we started our run too late in the day and the heat was CRAY. I wasn't hydrated enough and I just got pooped out. 




It was still really fun to spend the day with my running buddy!

After our runs we hit up Natural Grocers. 


FYI the primal kitchens mayo is on major sale there!!! 




We were starving after our run and when we walked in they had a tester plate of watermelon. We both ate more than the intended taste test I think. I also took one home with me because it was DELICIOUS. I grabbed a little bag of Jacksons Honest Chips and a Wild Zora Bar for lunch. 



These Wild Zora bars are REALLY good and they are Whole30 compliant 


These chips cooked in coconut oil are delicious! 

For dinner tonight it was just Emma and me. We split a pizza crust and made mommy daughter pizzas. 



The ingredients of this crust are pretty much the same as the bread and it tasted similar to that. The only difference is the oregano they put in. It is flat and gets a crispy bottom but obviously it's made with almond and coconut so the texture is not the same as pizza dough. It is still extremely tasty and a perfect substitute. 


I have been eating Kite Hill cheese for awhile. I love it! It's an almond milk cheese that is actually Whole30 compliant too. 


Emma liked it so much she took a big scoop with her fingers. 


We smeared the "cheese" on the crusts and then spooned on some marinara. 



Again I am using my favorite Mezzetta brand 



Then we sprinkled on cut up applegate pepperoni 


I put some chopped onion and jalapeño on mine. You then bake at 400 until the crust is crispy and the toppings are cooked. 




Emma got a side of extra marinara to dip her pizza in, but insisted on eating it with a spoon like tomato soup or something. 😂




I made a side salad to go with my pizza. 


And of course we are every bite! 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

Health and Beauty

Unconditional