My Whole30 Story





I started whole 30 for the first time in May 2015 , since then I have gone from 280 pounds to 146 pounds and wearing  a size 22 to a size 6. I have completely changed my life and it truly starts with food.I distinctly remember being in the first grade and being made fun of for being fat. In 5th grade a boy told me I was really pretty but too chubby to be his girlfriend. In 8th grade some girls would put magazine ads for Jenny Craig, slim fast etc on my desk. I had to shop in the women's department in JH and HS when all of the other girls wore cute juniors clothes. As a senior, shopping for a size 20 prom dress was not fun, it was painful. In college my weight went down a little after going through a bad break up and trying a zero carb fad. Even then I was still about 225 at my lowest. In 2006 I got in a serious relationship and gained it all back. We got married and again shopping for a size 20 dress was stressful. The morning of my wedding I was more stressed about fitting in my dress and not looking fat than focusing on the joy of the day.




This is a photo from our Honeymoon. 


And this photo is us at the same place in 2016! 





 After we got married I tried to lose the weight and then we got pregnant. In 2013 I was blessed by giving birth to a beautiful little girl. I was a stay at home mom her first year and spent most of the day breast feeding and eating. When she started becoming more aware and eating more big kid food I realized I didn't want her to be made fun of in 1st grade for being fat, and I didn't want her to get bullied or have to be concerned about finding clothes big enough. She would learn from me and my example wasn't good enough. I had to change, and I knew I had to eat what I wanted her to eat. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of different philosophies when I decided to give Whole30 a try. May 2015 will forever be the month I became a better mom, wife, and woman! 





Through Whole30 I have been able to successfully lose 134 pounds and maintain a lifestyle eating whole foods without the constant binge, diet, binge cycle. I have more energy, I am stronger, and I am capable of doing so much more physically than even my teenage self could do. The sugar dragon doesn't have such a strong hold on me that I can't pass up that piece of cake. I can't imagine going back to my old way of eating. I am currently on day 45 of a Whole130. I basically live Whole30 the majority of the time with an occasional pre planned special occasion to be non compliant. I am changed forever and it is 100% only because of the power of Whole30. 


I am now an avid runner. I run a 5k race at least once a month, and just PRd with a sub 30 5k, coming in first place in my age division (30-34) with a time of 29:10. 



I am healthy and finally treating my body with respect just by feeding myself honest real food. 

CHANGE YOUR LIFE - IT STARTS WITH FOOD.


Comments

  1. I am so proud of you. I found you on Instagram, and I've followed your story closely. We have very similar backgrounds. I am still in the midst of my weight loss journey. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. What an amazing achievement. Thank you for writing this, it's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

Health and Beauty

Unconditional