Spiced Sweet Potato Breakfast Custard with Cranberries and Pecans



I am so ready for fall. We have only been back to school for a week and I am already buying pumpkin scented candles and planning out all my pumpkin spice treats. I think Starbucks releases the #PSL on September 1st and you should all just know - true story - I will be drinking one the day after my Whole130 is over. I love fall and the yummy food that comes with it. Spiced sweet potato custard with cranberries and pecans is about as fall as it gets, and when I made this for my breakfasts this week I seriously contemplated eating the whole pan. 


I have made this exact recipe with a can of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, but I saw the can of sweet potato and thought it would be a good switch up. 

Spiced Sweet Potato Breakfast Custard with Cranberries and Pecans

2 ripe bananas 
4 eggs 
1 can of full fat coconut milk 
1 can of sweet potato puree 
2 tbs of almond butter 
1 tbs Raz el hanout 

Optional toppings: Cranberries and pecans 


Mash the bananas and beat in four eggs 



Add sweet potato, coconut milk, almond butter and spices 

Blend with an immersion blender 

Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle a few whole30 compliant cranberries (they are sweetened with apple juice NOT sugar) and some chopped pecans. 

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until firm 

This stuff is SO good. It would make a great paleo friendly dessert/breakfast for Thanksgiving or Christmas. And it is toddler approved. 

I portioned it out into tupperware for breakfast this week. It can be eaten cold or heated up! I like it cold because it has a firmer texture that way. 


I liked the combination of raz el hanout with this. It's like a warmer spicy pumpkin spice blend. Adds a little something extra to it. Another really good option would be to mix in baked apple pieces or blueberries. I may experiment with a few other variations of this breakfast custard during the next few months of my whole130.


The original recipe comes from The Louisiana Bride.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your posts lately!! You are such an inspiration. I am also on an extended Whole30.... until Christmas!! My goal is to lose 40 pounds :) I will have to try this recipe. I'm looking for new ideas!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

Health and Beauty

Unconditional