Motivation

I heard the question the other day "How have you stayed so motivated?"  

I won't lie - it's hard. Some days it's REALLY hard. The days where I weigh less, I feel like YES THIS WORK IS PAYING OFF, but the majority of the days (where I still weigh the same) I get discouraged and want to hit up the waffle house and not the gym. 

Being back at work after the holiday has made me feel extra tired. This past week I had to force myself to go to the gym. When I am tired and have a headache the last thing I want to do is go workout. The other day it was cold and wet and I was exhausted and truly wanted to come home, get in PJs, and have popcorn and hot chocolate and watch tv. I texted my husband. "I am so tired I do not want to go to the gym AT ALL" and he of course texted back "If you don't go you'll regret it and you know you'll feel so much better after you go." "UGH You're right I know! I am going but I want it to be known I do not want to..." 




I love working out AFTER I work out. I love the way it makes me feel and I always feel stronger and proud of myself for putting in the work. Total real honest moment, I usually have to talk myself into going and force myself to get to the gym. Once I am there and doing it I am in it.  

I was reading the blog Runs for Cookies the other day, about how she started running and lost 125 pounds. She said "I don't *love* running, like a lot of runners claim to; I just love the way it makes my body feel. I love that it's a very efficient form of exercise. I love that it makes me a nicer person in everyday life." OH THANK GOD I am not alone. I love running and working out when I am DONE because of how they make me feel. It's like therapy, but let's be honest sometimes it's a chore in my daily life that I don't REALLY always want to do. It becomes a habit. I do it almost everyday. I see how my body is getting stronger and leaner and how I am changing because of it. If you just keep pushing yourself to make the right choices everyday it get's easier to stay motivated because it's not so much motivation anymore it's just who you are. 



So I stay motivated because of habit and because I try to focus on how far I have come not that I still have a long way to go. To be healthy and fit and the best version of me that I can be I will run and I will eat whole and I will do it everyday until I reach my goals. It's a pretty easy concept. You just have to decide that you want it EVERY DAY. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossfit and a sex doll.

FITSPO

Health and Beauty